Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The door handle on my microwave oven is giving me trouble.

Customer Question

Hi John, The door handle on my microwave oven is giving me trouble. When I go to open the door the bottom part of the handle comes away from the door. I have to hold the bottom of the handle with one hand and open the door with the other.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like the screw going into the bottom of the handle is loose or the handle receptacle on the handle is broken and the handle needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the handle for your unit.

CLICK HERE

As for how to take the door apart so you can get to the screws that hold the handle, below is a video that shows the process but the video does make it look a bit easier than the process actually is.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?