John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Why does my dishwasher have an unpleasant odor.i reported it

Customer Question

Why does my dishwasher have an unpleasant odor.i reported it to Abt where I purchased it. They sent someone out who assured me it was temporary. After odor remained after another month or so I cld your 800 no. & was told I needed to run it more than twice a wk. did that & the odor is still there. I like the D.W. But not the odor. Please help!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Do you have a air gap on top of your sink that is about 2" tall? Some people have them and some don't

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not that Iam aware
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Okay what I would like you to do is to look under your sink and you should see a hose that hooks up to you disposal and goes to your dishwasher. Does that hose just hang straight down from your disposal?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

This is how it should be hooked up under your sink.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Are you still with me?