Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool refrigerator model g16sarxxf06 I have

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool refrigerator model g16sarxxf06
I have water in door no ice took ice holder out reason answer no ice,what can I do to correct this. Making no ice at all
Thanks All ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you checked to see if the fill tube to the icemaker is frozen up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No what is that and where is it

Get to the icemaker and it is at the back end of it where the trough on the icemaker is.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I lost you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I lost your message

Can you get to the icemaker? and see if the line that goes to the trough on the icemaker is frozen up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The plastic line is fine in back of refrigerator I have the tray out it had emptied 5or6 small cubs
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Water at door fine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let's try text first the credit card co just called about you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still waiting phone keep going to weather we have tornado watch and it is storming outside
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where are you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you done if so no wonder the credit card company called
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't want to talk to u yet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I guess you don't want to get paid
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I gave the number but you want get anything unless you start texting,the credit card company has canceled your fee but they told me what to tell you and told me what I need to do if I want to pay you

I am sorry, if you want a phone call it has to clear the site first or I will not receive you number to call you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you text anymore or just the line advise was it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are we done

No you can continue on here if you want I just do not know what you want to do, chat or phone?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Chat
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
U hair dryer blowing
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any advice

Yes get at the icemaker and use a hairdryer, steamer or let it defrost and see if the line clears, there are delays often in your messages getting to me so please try and be patient/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I ran hair dryer fir about 15 min and the whole ice maker was warm I guess it takes about an hour to make and dump. I ha ve been away and have not been using it much force awhile the appliance is less than a year old so I think the frozen line or in the unit might be it I did when I started the dryer there were 6 or 7 pieces of small ice cubes just from having unit out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to let phone charge we still have severe storms and I need to charge my battery

Yes it may have just been frozen up give it up to 4 hours as it needs to cool the whole compartment back down. Let me know and sorry for the delays we have been having some server delays.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks