Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Amana microwave/convection oven model # ACO1180AB.

Customer Question

I have an Amana microwave/convection oven model # ***** . it shuts off after one minute . it does not matter what function is selected including convection.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it shuts off and can be restarted right away with the same results
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

This is a control issue, try to unplug it for a minute to reset the board and try it...often that solves the issue. If not you need to replace the smart board on the unit to fix that issue. The board is not made anymore, but here is the part number as you may be able to find one on EBAY....52001039

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks