John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a side by side door fridge and the freezer door

Customer Question

HI, I have a side by side door fridge and the freezer door opened fine last night. This morning for some reason, it isn't opening fully -- just a bit -- so I cant see in fully. Also when I look from outside, the rubber strip at the top end of the door seems to not be flushed against the freezer but the rest of the rubber strip is. So not sure what causes that gap and if it has anything to do with why the door isn't opening fully. I tried to drain the ice and water and have unplugged the fridge as well for now. Still no luck.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have told you everything I know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

You call your refrigerator a side by side, but to be clear it sounds like you're talking about a french door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. Is that correct? What is the model number? That is located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?