Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a Beko DSC85W SENSOR CONDENSOR Tumble dryer. I have

Customer Question

Hi I have a Beko DSC85W SENSOR CONDENSOR Tumble dryer. I have dried the back off with the silver cover off. It is no longer tripping the power but now is working just no heat. do i need to change the heating element.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If its not heating then its more then likely the heater.

What you can try first is remove the cover again to reveal the heater and there you will see 2 thermostats on the heater. Have a look at one and see if theres a red button on there. If so then press the red button and see if you hear a click. If you do then its reset so retry the dryer and see how it goes from there.

If theres no red button then its not a reset thermostat so you need a multi meter to test them. Check them both and see what you find. Now one is a thermostat and the other is an NTC sensor. So the NTC sensor will be a high resistance of about 7K ohms. Were as the other thermostat is just continuity.

So check them and see what you find if you can and if any are faulty then the heater is the fault and will need to be replaced here.

Check them out first and see what you find and let me know.

Regards