Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fausto i have an issue with maytag maxima, First i dont know

Customer Question

Hi fausto i have an issue with maytag maxima
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: First i dont know how this service works we pay some??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So this service is $28 to ask your question about your washer. I'm not sure what your issue is with your washer at this point since you didn't explain the problem, but if you'd like to proceed can I get the model number of the washer (which should be located on a sticker just inside the door way) as well as an explanation of your problem?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Model MHW6000XW2
Ser C12251173
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK and what is the problem with your washer exactly?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok fyi im a tech too, i had a blinking door lock lights as first issue, i unlocked mannualy and try to perform quicdiagnostic, i couldnt and replace the door lock. After that i had F6E2 i complete all test on manual and replace CCU now when i try again diagnosis i do not pass C00 and the machine keeps clicking the relays and all. We test the pump is clean and works if we feed 120 vac. I check UI and i have all voltaged coming from fiiter to CCU including 5 and 12 VDC . I check continuity between lines from UI to CCU ... Long story short what else do you recommend?ūüėÄ
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ah if we cancek we got the blinking door lock again
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

F6 E2 is an issue with the motor control board. I understand that it refers to a UI issue but the problem is actually caused by the MCU. There isn't a test for this and I can't explain it, but as someone trained by the factory, I can tell you that this error is caused by the MCU confusing the heck out of the CCU for some reason. Either way, the MCU will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue and that is located below the tub mounted to the floor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you are sure about that? Why is theres not a way to see the signals down at the MCU? And yes is a hell of confusing because i check all the signals
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, I'm sure, it's just one of those weird quirks with this washer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks ill keep you posted
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

ok good luck

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No we are good waiting for the part to arrive and we let you know the outcome
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

ok sounds good.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tyler i have a new problem now with a dryer can you help me
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Sure, but you would need to start a new question for a different appliance and I can answer it once this one has been closed out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have to pay again i understand i have like a free period
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

I don't know what promotions are being offered so I can't comment on a free period. All I can do is answer appliance questions.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.