Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My ice maker indicates that I need to add water however I

Customer Question

Hello my ice maker indicates that I need to add water however I put water in and it will not make ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Is the unit getting cold?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it doesn't
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As,explained previously the unit is indicating that my water is low and it's not I only had the unit since the summer unsure why I'm having this issue it comes on but I don't hear the motor running as usual

Can you check if you have power to the compressor on the unit? Often the board inside the unit goes bad causing this issue. The issue is getting any parts for it

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The control or water pump is likely faulty. However, no service parts are available. A new unit is available below for less than $130.

CLICK HERE