Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenaid side by side refrigerator the change

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid side by side refrigerator the change filter light came on I changed it in about a week and a half but I noticed the ice machine stopped do you what I need to start making ice again ? the refrigerator is approx 2 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you checked the fill tube going to the icemaker to see if it is blocked? Or is there water in the mold?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no were is that

Get to the icemaker and see if there is water in the mold of it

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
last time the filter needed change I just turned it off it reset then started working

You can turn it off and back on or unplug the unit for 30 secs to reset it and plug it back in and see if it works. Most times it does, let me know if not.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't the mold

OK then try to turn the power off to the unit via the circuit breaker for 30-60 secs and see if you have tomorrow. Let me know I am here everyday

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do not worry I am an honorable guy

Yes no problem at all !