Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore 110 Series 80 washing machine won't drain or spin.

Customer Question

Kenmore 110 Series 80 washing machine won't drain or spin. It tripped the breaker when it started. I have checked the lid switch, and the motor coupling. Both were fine. I tried to reset the motor by unplugging for 1 minute, then plugging back in and lifting and closing the lid 6x.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Normally when that happens on that unit the lid switch will be bad, if it agitates fine you have a bad lid switch on the unit. If you have the complete model off the unit I can get you a link to the part and a video.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks