Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My issue is with a Maytag Neptune TL washer, The original

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is with a Maytag Neptune TL washer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The original issue was an FL code and I replaced both Lid Lock assemblies and they were broken so someone tried to force the lid up while it was in lock mode. So now both locks are working but it's hanging up at 28 minutes in quick wash cycle. So I put it in service mode and am running it through quick service cycle and it's not doing what the poet work says it should be doing and after doing a couple of the things the first time it started doing exactly what it was doing at 28 minutes in quick cycle. What it does at 28 minutes is spins at some rpms briefly and stops and pauses for a few minutes and then spins Again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately this is an issue with the motor control board itself if it sticks at 28 minutes. The motor control board is mounted to the floor inside the washer and this is what actually controls how the washer advances and how the motor runs so if the washer isn't advancing and you're not getting an error code, you need to replace the motor control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?