Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Dometic RM 3762. Which will not turn on either on

Customer Question

I have a Dometic RM 3762. Which will not turn on either on gas or electric when I performed the trouble shooting test the result codes came up. F E2 which E2 says is a temperature sensor Fault is this somthing I could repair myself rather easy or do I need to contact a repair service co
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The temperature sensor is locate by the evaporator. It is not too bad to change out if you are handy and have some basic tools. There usually is a quick plug on it or some are hard wired and your would need to splice them in. You will be looking for this see link below, if you are not comfortable with electrical items I would suggest calling a tech.

CLICK HERE

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hit the click here it takes me to a part called thermistor with 64 " lead is this the part you are saying I need to replace and if so where would I find this part on the fridg and is it somthing that is easy excess able do you have any sort of diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Being a 1st time user I am not sure if you received my 2nd ? And you are working on a answer or I didn't do something right please let me know

I received your post late let me check to pull something up for you

That sensor is by the evaporator and the testing procedure for it is here at the link below.

CLICK HERE PAGE 12

You would have to test it to see if it is good.