Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Maytag Centennial which stops in the mid cycle.

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Maytag Centennial which stops in the mid cycle. Also, often it passes it cycle going into another cycle, virtually without stopping or it washes without water.
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is a common issue with this model and unfortunately it means that your sensor switch up inside the control panel is failing. This is the only switch with a small rubber hose going to it as well as several wires. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for sensor switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will install the part on Tuesday, and I will keep you updated.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it didn't work. After replacing the part, the washer it's still not working. No matter where I'm putting the dial it seats, and takes the water only in a certain position. I tried to unplug it for a while, then I started to run 2 cycles on it( express and delicate) and same issues it works erratically. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If it only takes in water in certain position then you have a bad timer control which is the part behind the large knob. It sounds like the contacts aren't aligned properly so below is a link to the timer you'd need to replace.

CLICK HERE for timer control