John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have GE Model JBP82WOF2WW range & I'm replaceing the left

Customer Question

I have GE Model JBP82WOF2WW range & I'm replaceing the left rear burner switch.I ordered the new switch PT No. AP2024076 from a GE Parts Supplier on line. The old switch has been discontinued. The new switch has 5 tabs and different labeling, the old switch had 7 tabs with 6 being used. I don't know which ones to use & no diagram was with the switch.Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Can you take a picture of the back of the old switch where all the wires are connected so I can see how you'd need to switch over the wires to the new switch? There is a paper clip above the text box you can use to attach the picture.

If not, then can you tell me which color wire goes to which terminal on the old switch?