Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Have a maytag centennial model MVWC300Vw0 and is washes and

Customer Question

Have a maytag centennial model MVWC300Vw0 and is washes and spins but now makes a very loud squeal just starting wash loads,this noise never goes away. We have had washer 7 years with no problems. This is a drive motor no belt model. Thought maybe a bearing but the noise is instantaneous when pulling out power switch. It will cost me 65.00 for someone to come out and diagnose. Is it worth it or should I buy new
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

The only difference between you washer and this one they are showing in the video is the way to lift the control console up, on your model there are two spring clips under the right and left side of the control head that locks the control head to the case, just slide a putty knife under the bottom of the control on left and right side and push the clip until it releases then it will raise up.

video click here