Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Frigidaire venice electric wall hanging fireplace model wlvf

Customer Question

Frigidaire venice electric wall hanging fireplace model wlvf 10342 remote control is not working. where can I find a replacement remote control?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can you find any part number on the old remote? This is made by DANBY which is a company in China. I would have to cross reference to it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No part number. I am attaching a photo. If there is a universal remote available that would help also
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, look inside the battery compartment for a number, there could be one there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing inside either.
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

I cannot find anything on this unit, sorry, I will opt out, and hopefully another expert will know where there is one

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hope somebody can find something
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The problem is that the remote and receiver must be matched. That fireplace was an imported model with NO tech support. It is actually a Warm House product, only labeled Frigidaire as a sales tool. The link below is to some remotes and receives but they are half the cost of a replacement fireplace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cost aside if we were to match remote and receiver, do all these brands communicate with the Warm House model? which would you recommend that would communicate properly? how would it communicate? where would we place the receiver to have it communicate correctly? etc... any assistance would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is there a way we can manually change temperature on our model?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I cannot find any technical info on your exact model. Can you post a picture of how it is connected now (the receiver)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just going to make a general assumption that the fireplace is the receiver
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

On that model, it looks to be part of the display panel. You won't be able to use a universal remote. I don't see an happy ending as I cannot even find a replacement for any of the electronics on that unit. These imported models are not designed to be serviced. They are basically a disposable product for the most part.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Let's close this story with a thanksūüėä
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You may try calling the retailer you bought it from, they may trade it out as a courtesy for you. Take care, thank you.