Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I replaced my actuator but now the lid lock won't latch and

Customer Question

I replaced my actuator but now the lid lock won't latch and won't start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Did you run a calibration test?

Turn the main dial counterclockwise about 2 full revolutions stopping at 12 oclock, then turn it SLOWLY (1/2 sec between clicks)
3 Clicks forwards
1 Click Backwards
1 Click forward

All lights should light up, once they do turn the dial forward until only RINSE is lit and press start let it complete the cycle and unlock the lid and then try it.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks