Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Greetings - my Kenmore front load washer modelfills with

Customer Question

Greetings - my Kenmore front load washer model(###) ###-####fills with water but won't advance to agitating. Door lock light comes on. Motor hums. Advancing timer knob to spin, motor hums. Drains ok. Belt is ok, motor and tub spin freely. Suggestions on tech sheet include checking connections on the timer line switch (can't find it) and the door lock switch (I disconnected it, but not sure which connectors to check for continuity or resistance). I checked voltage between pins 5 and 6 on the harness to speed control unit and I think it was 0. Haven't removed the unit to check fuse or resistance, thinking I'll check prior components since they're comparatively cheap to replace vs. the speed control unit. Right now I have the back, top and lower front panel off. Thanks for any help.
Tom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Does it rotate during spin or ever? If not the speed control is the issue on that unit happens all the time. Just did one myself. You can go to universalapplianceparts.com to order and replace it cheaper than anywhere else.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you haven't added any new information. I was hoping for detailed info on my make and model. I don't want to sign up for anything. I appreciate your time, but again I've learned that and more from the tech sheet and internet searches.

No nothing will kill power to the interface and that is low voltage supplied through the board, the interface is far more popular to go bad than the board.