Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung RFG298AAWP has water under the deli tray the

Customer Question

my Samsung RFG298AAWP has water under the deli tray the freezer looks like a blizzard hit .... like literally I could make 1000 snowcones and sometimes my fridge has accidents on my kitchen floor ( leaks at the bottom front right )
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

This is a frozen defrost drain line and possibly the door was left ajar. You need to remove the items from the freezer and drawer, plus rear panel in the freezer. There is a defrost drain pan under the evaporator you have to defrost and then find the drain hole in the center and clear that out. You can use hot water and a turkey baster, steamer or air compressor to clean it out and make sure it drains then put it back together and all should be fine.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks