Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a maytag maxima. I started the cycle with the water

Customer Question

I have a maytag maxima. I started the cycle with the water supply valves closed. I returned to a silent machine with an error code I cannot remember. The door was locked. I unplugged the machine, waited 10 minutes per online instructions. When I plugged it in the only light on is the locked door light and the drain pump runs constantly but all water is out of machine. I manually unlocked the door and put water in the machine with a hose and it drains it fine but does not shut off when empty. It seems stuck in a mode to drain the machine. No power light is on, ONLY door locked light.
11:15 am
,I looked online and in the tech manual for a software reset but found nothing. I cannot enter diagnostic mode, as machine is not in standby when powered up, but rather panel is dark and pump is running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

All you have to do is wait about 12-15 minutes and the drain pump will stop running and you will be able to use the machine again. Just leave it on with the pump running and wait.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks