Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am ***** *****. I have a fivestar gas range. 4 burbers

Customer Question

Hi I am ***** *****. I have a fivestar gas range. 4 burbers work fine. oven and griller (middle top) do not light. electric ignition clicks. smelled gas once.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is all the info I have. called FiveStar techncal support, who said all parts are stil avaiable. it is an older range
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If you hear clicking then most likely you have a cracked electrode on the ones not working. You need to order and replace the electrodes on the two not working and clean the burners off very good, then you should be good to go!

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks