Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung sbs model rs2530bsh/xaa and my ice bucket

Customer Question

I have a Samsung sbs model rs2530bsh/xaa and my ice bucket is full of solid ice and so is the ice maker what could be my problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

This is a common issue the sensor often breaks off the icemaker or goes bad causing the icemaker to cycle too fast before it is actually frozen. This will then dump water into the bin and freeze solid. Replace the icemaker is the actual fix for this issue. Here is a link to the part for you. It is very easy to change just one screw in the ceiling and it slides out and unplugs.

CLICK HERE

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I already replaced the ice maker and it's doing the same thing

Ok if that is doing the same thing the only other thing that could cause that issue would be a leaking water valve. I would replace the valve assembly on it then there is nothing else that can cause that issue.

CLICK HERE FOR PART