Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a new LG top loader machine. Have acquired a smell.

Customer Question

I have a new LG top loader machine. Have acquired a smell. Have done 2 cycles of tub clean 2 weeks apart and cant stop it. On my old front loader there was a trap to clean out, but im not finding one on my top loader. It doesnt say in manual nor can I find a you tube answer.
Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you taken out the pump filter and cleaned that all out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where would it be located?? on Back?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says nothing about that in manual. More than willing to do it if know where it is located

One sec let me pull it up for you

AFter double checking yours does not have a separate filter on your model. However I would remove the pump and clean out the hoses there as that is the only place water sits in the machine. If you are getting a smell it would really only be there or possibly something in the tub itself. You can try running a HOT WATER heavy bleach load through the unit to clear it out. Otherwise remove the pump and clean it all out.

CLICK HERE Part #F080

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will check into the pump cleaning. Can not do bleach as we have septic system

I have a septic system and use bleach all the time.