Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung dishwasher #DW80F600UTSAA01 stops in midcycle and

Customer Question

my Samsung dishwasher #DW80F600UTSAA01 stops in midcycle and the two right lights are flashing.
I have to restart to drain it. A factory repairman came out and said it was a main control board. They wanted 300 plus to fix, so I ordered the part. I still get the same code. Any Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you tell me which lights exactly are flashing what is the label on the lights that are flashing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not home now.
It's the two lights on the right of a group of four. The owners Manuel said it was some sort of heating issue.
I can give you the specific names on the lights when I speak with my wife at home. I ordered a new controller and replaced that with no luck. That's what the tech that came out was going to do for $385.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm determined to fix this on my own, after trying to work with the absolutely incompetent customer service bunch at Samsung.

WHen you get home get back to me and we will figure this out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks
I'll be home in about a week.
So I guess we pick it up there.
Thanks!

Yes that is no problem I would rather have you in front of the unit just replay to this when you get back no sooner as I will have to reply again otherwise talk to you in a week!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok

talk to you soon

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi
I am home again and ready to try and get my dishwasher fixed

ok which exact lights are flashing on it list the labels that are flashing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok let me start it and ill let you know when they come on

ok

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, 25 minutes into the cycle, the two lights on the right of the four of the cycle, "heavy" and "delicate" are flashing

OK that means the water is not hot enough entering the unit or there is a heater failure see link below, check the water supply then test the heater for continuity.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MY lights are laid out differently than the attachment you sent. They are from left to right
smart auto, normal, heavy, delicateI am trying the first suggestion shut off power, run hot water and then try again
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No luck with that.
when the machine shuts off there is hot, very sudsy water in the bottom of the washer.
I am not adding soap.
could something be clogged?

I have the service manual up for your unit

When the temperature change is less that 4 degrees CELSIUS within the first 10 minutes of the heating cycle that code comes up. So if the heater is good maybe the sensor on the heater is bad.