John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dryer won't start ... although power and start lights 't

Customer Question

Dryer won't start ... although power and start lights don't indicate there is a problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. There are several things that could have happened and having a voltage test meter will be helpful. Do you have a meter and are you able to take the dryer apart. Also I will need the model number so I can give specific directions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model number is ***** little hard to read, but looks like MED6600TQ0
I don't have a voltage meter, but could get one. But if something "complicated", I should probably get an in-home technician.

Well we won't give up without checking the easy things. It could be the thermal fuse in the back. Unplug the dryer and take off the large rear panel. There is a white plastic part on the blower duct that has two blue wires attached. To test this part, remove the wires and put them securely together and tape then to insulate them. Try the dryer and if this works you will need the thermal fuse. Test the dryer to make sure it does not get too hot and that the venting system in the house is not blocked. This is for testing only and the fuse needs to be replaced before drying laundry. Watch the video in the link below for more information. Let me know what happens. Dave

Video link

How did you do? Do you still need help or was that the problem?