Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Air microwacve jmc8127dd/jmc8130dd Had a Party.... popcorn

Customer Question

jen air microwacve jmc8127dd/jmc8130dd
Had a Party....Burnt popcorn smell wont go away... !!!!!!!
Tried cooking white vinager, !
Now What ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Burned poporn smell is a very hard to get out of the unit. Wipe the wall down the inside walls with a cotton ball soaked in Nail Polish Remover. Then

• Peel two oranges or slice a lemon in half.
  • Place the orange peels or lemon slices in a bowl of water (1-2 cups).
  • Microwave it for 4 minutes. Watch closely to ensure that the water stays in the bowl and the citrus peels do not burn.
  • If possible, leave the bowl in the microwave (with the door closed) for 12 hours.
  • Too time-consuming, or just not doable for you? That’s okay too. Let the bowl sit in the closed microwave for half an hour then.

Then it is just a matter of using it as it will eventually go away. It will just need to be used.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not good enough....does it need an air box replacement ? CANT COOK FOOD !
PLEASE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The only other thing you could do is a lot more technical are you handy?