Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dryer is not heating up. Already cleaned the duct and

Customer Question

My dryer is not heating up. Already cleaned the duct and still no heat. What should I check next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

What is the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a whirlpool cabrio

Ok there are 3 different Cabrio designs and I need to know the model so I can see the breakdown further if it is gas or electric.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's electric

OK can you remove the back panel on the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did earlier. Still out

Check the heater for continuity do you see the heater on the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What type of resistance should the continuity read?

10-15 ohms on a meter

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll Check when I get home and let you know what the reading is

ok if it is open meaning no reading like the meter leads are not touching anything that would be a bad heater.