Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Dryer has no heat

Customer Question

dryer has no heat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

You need to remove the back panel on the unit to get at the heater. Check the heater part #15 and the high limit thermostat part #9 at this link CLICK HERE for continuity. If either reads open on a ohm meter replace the one that is bad. Those are the two things that most often cause that issue. Confirm power is 240 to the unit as well and you have nothing burned at the terminal block

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks