Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Kenmore bottom mount fridge purchased 2012...did

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore bottom mount fridge purchased 2012...did not buy addition warranty...ice is forming on the bottom of the freezer and on occasion water is dripping onto the kitchen floor this only started in the past couple months....why is this happening and how do I correct the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the fridge and freeze. The drain will have to be cleaned out.

You will need to remove the back panel of the freezer and under the evaporator coils is a metal lining with a hole in it that is the drain you will need to blow it out with compressed air if you have an air compressor, if not use a turkey baster and hot water or some type of wire you can snake the line with. Once water flows to the drain again it will not do that anymore.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the issue has not been resolved the metal lining is not exposed and its not under the evaporator coil which is in fact just about touching the floor I believe there may be a hole in the frame of the fridge about 8 inches from the kitchen floor from which is a plastic open end flange leading from the frame of the fridge to a tray....I expect that the opening may be at the end of that plastic flange.....in any case I don't have a compressor but will borrow one soon and try to blow it out....hopefully I am on the right tract...if not please advise futher

well under the evaporator whether there is a metal lining or not there should be a drain hole somewhere under the coil that goes through to the pan.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my problem still has not been solved...I advised you that there is not a drain leading to the pan yet you come back to me telling me that there should be....I have received too many request to rate the service I got I delayed until now and based on my dealings todate I I would have to give a POOR rating and futher to that I request that the charges to my master card be reversed and my name deleted from your records