John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher wont drain the water
, the water goes

Customer Question

hi Pearl;.. my dishwasher wont drain the water
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the water goes into the dishwater.. it heats and is spread around but then it just sits in the bottom and does not drain.. I have put it through the entire cycle twice.. no drainage.. I have tried dishwasher cleaner same thing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no.. thats it in a nutshell
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

What is the make and model of the unit? Also have you checked the siphon gap if you have one next to the faucet for any blockages if you can hear the pump running on the unit?