Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE Microwave less than a year old and does not heat. Sounds

Customer Question

GE Microwave less than a year old and does not heat. Sounds like it is on but foid does not get hot. What do you recommend? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Normally if it starts and appears to be running fine but no heat 99% if the time this is a bad magnetron tube. That is a bit of a job to install it, but you can get the part online between 50-80 dollars. Here is a link to it for you

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks