Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Help brand new front load maytag door will not open!

Customer Question

Help brand new front load maytag door will not open! Flashing door locked! Will not let me turn on! I unplugged it, checked hoses, water lines what's up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If the unit has not pumped out all the water or the pump is blocked due to a bad or clogged filter that will happen. You may have to manually drain the unit then the door will open or remove the top of the unit reach down and grab the manual release tab on the bottom of the door latch and pull it straight down to open the door. Now you can remove the pump filter and check it for any blockages as well but be careful there may be a lot of water in the unit so I would suggest trying to suck the water out of the machine through the drain hose end with a shop vac. If you need anything else let me know.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did. It agree to 23 charge! You did not answer how to get door to open
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not agree to 23 just 5 you did not answer my question please refund now thank you

Yes I advised you how to get the door open on the unit did not not read my post?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like s refund now

You need to talk to customer service for a refund I am only a tech on the site and wasted my time receiving no payment for giving you the answer to your issue...take care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sir did what you said now it's says eo1 fo9