Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an lg frontloader washer i tried to switch the door

Customer Question

i have an lg frontloader washer i tried to switch the door to go the other way and took out screws i guess a shouldn't have and a metal thing dropped and i don't know how to get it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: lg fronloader dryer i mean actually sorry i am so mad at myself for taking out the little black screws i looks like it dropped behind the lint trap am i going to have to take off the entire front panel to fix it? its the metal thing behind where the hinges go
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: on the door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If it dropped inside the unit you would have to remove the top and front of the unit to get it, unless you have a long magnetic pickup tool to try and reach down the side wall and snag it. Or remove the front large tub boot clamp and peel the boot back then you can get in the gap to reach anything and put it back on. Here is also a video of how to take it apart as well.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks