Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

Refrigerator had a wire come lose in ice maker. and shorted

Customer Question

refrigerator had a wire come lose in ice maker. and shorted out frig. frig will not come turn back on. Is there a circuit breaker or fuse? model # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Please give me a min to look up your appliance info.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Alright what your going to have to do is to inspect the control board board for burn marks. If you don't see any take the board out of the box and inspect the back of the board.

I have a video I sent it will show you how to get to that control board.

Let me know what you find. www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgKdSmIh8gw

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any luck
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Did you not just get my info I sent

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no burn marks that i can see
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Do any any of the lights come on?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

If you still have it out does the board smell burnt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

How about the burn smell?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no lights does not smell burnt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
small ordor if put nose directly on circuit board
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have light then the only thing it will be is that board. Most times you will smell a burnt smell. And you said the outlet is good right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlet good
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Let me get you the part number for your unit.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Here is the part number. Part###-##-####

I am taken it your going to try to get the part from a local parts place in your area.

If you keep your freezer and frig closed until you get the part tomorrow things should stay good.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

What state and town are you in and I will see what the closes parts place is at for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already ordered
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Great. I am here if you need me. Have a great day.