Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a fridgidaire model #FRT21H8CW0 I am having problems

Customer Question

I have a fridgidaire model #FRT21H8CW0 I am having problems with water pooling at the bottom. There was ice buildup in the freezer which I removed and i managed to pour a little water down the drain which made it to the to the drip pan underneath the fridge. This did not solve the problem as the water continues to pool at the bottom of the fridge. I haven't tried putting any bleach in the line but it was open a little so I wasn't sure if that would help much.
I vacumed all the dust I could get to in the back. at one point, while vacuuming I accidentally hit the fan with the vacuum the fan stopped and I couldn't get it to restart. The fridge has become hot at the part that is in-between the freezer and the fridge. Do I need to replace the fan? or is there something i can do to restart it?
thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like you found the original problem which was that the defrost drain line was clogged. You'll want to blow compressed air through this drain line to make sure it's completely cleared. As for the fan not running, if you'd given it 45 minutes and it won't run, then it sounds like the fan just failed and will need to be ordered and replaced I'm sorry to say. You can get a new fan at Searspartsdirect.com if you enter in your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is the part of the fridge ( the cabinet between the fridge and freezer) heating up due to the fan not running or possibly something else?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

That divider heats up because the compressor is over working and that is due to the fan not running---correct.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?