John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Kenmore washer 70 series stays in wash cycle and will not

Customer Question

kenmore washer 70 series stays in wash cycle and will not advance to rinse
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: kenmore 70 series washer stays in wash cycle and will not advance to rinse.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: i have to move the selector knob manually, then open and close lid and then it rinses. same for spin, but spin is slow and does not drain water from clothes as it did before. thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can look for technical information for you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi john,
model # *****
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
also, since washer is 13 yrs old, is it better to just replace it, instead of repairing it. thank you
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

I would not dispose of it too quickly. I'll look for technical information, and I'll get back to you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

The information I found says that your have a mechanical timer assembly on your dryer. If so, and you are able to advance through the cycle by turning the knob, the timer assembly needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** it's priced at $118.83. You can purchase it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

If you need more help, please get back to me. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thanks john,
however, it was a washer not dryer. is it same part that needs to be replaced, timer part #3953937?
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry. I typed the wrong word. The part is for a washer.

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

That part number is ***** your washer timer.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?