Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Bottom Freezer is covered in frost! Help

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a component in the defrost circuit that has failed. Are you able to disassemble the freezer completely and do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, about the only thing you will be able to do is remove the food and open the doors for 24 hours with the refrigerator unplugged. That will buy you about 7 days to schedule service to get it repaired. This model is a bit difficult to service and will require electrical testing to determine what has failed. If you provide your zip code, I can locate a servicer in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. But I do have someone I can call for service. thank you for you help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. If you defrost it before they get there, it will save you money as it takes a couple hours to manually thaw it at time of service!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.