Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dryer turns on but will not start. Have pressed the start

Customer Question

dryer turns on but will not start. Have pressed the start button. It clicks and nothing else happens. Will have the timer set as if it was drying.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The click indicates that the control is starting the cycle but the power is not getting to the motor. This is usually caused by an open thermal fuse. That fuse is accessed fairly easily for testing and replacement, see the video below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated.