John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag Gemini model number Mer 6770 AAW,AAB,AAC. I

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Gemini model number Mer 6770 AAW,AAB,AAC. I didn't have the manual and didn't realize I could only clean one oven at a time( Saw that info after my problem arose). I came downstairs the oven was beeping and a code was flashing across the screen. With no glasses on I thought it was just saying it was finished the cleaning cycle. Now both oven doors are locked how do i unlock them?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. We need to know the code. Here is how to get the code to display in diagnostics. Enter the engineering mode by pressing the Bake Key of either oven, enter a bake temperature of 100ºF, then hold Bake down for 3 seconds within 30 seconds of initial Bake press. Let me know what you see.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says control locked

Okay, see if it will allow you to get into the set up mode. Press the 0 button and then press the 4 button.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says control unlocked press auto set to change. when I press AutoSet nothing happens

After it says control unlocked can you select a bake or clean cycle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I hit bake It beats Then the Control locked Message appears 2 times then goes away

Unplug the stove or turn off the breaker for two minutes and then when you turn it back on see if the control will respond. Since there are two separate lock motors this seems to be all related to the control.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The doors unlocked But now when I try to use the bake mode, The control lock message comes up again

We have progress. Try this again; Press the 0 button and then press the 4 button.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Getting the same message as before when I do that Control on locked press auto set to change

The oven has cooled to room temperature? and if you press cancel does it beep?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't think the cleaning mode ever started. The ovens are cold and when I press cancel it beeps

Do you get a beep when you press any of the other buttons?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It beeps and then control lock message comes up

Okay, it is definitely control locked and it won't accept the command to unlock. My only other suggestion is to turn off the power for longer, about 30 minutes and then try the control unlock procedure several more times. If this doesn't work the control will need to be replaced. I will look it up while we wait.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did you reply to my last Response I don't see anything?

Your last message I saw said it beeps and says control locked.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I'll unplug it for 30 minutes. Should I just keep the text thread going or is the way I can contact you back directly other than a phone call.. Unfortunately I don't have the additional money for the phone call

No need for the phone call. You can just reply this same way. The control is # ***** but it is $428 !!!!! Let's hope the time unplugged works!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Omg ..okay

Yes, sorry for the bad news. Pray this works.

Do you still need help? Did longer time unplugged work?