Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Wolf R486G. The big oven wont light. The red light

Customer Question

I have a Wolf R486G. The big oven wont light. The red light comes on but it does not light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no gas smell but does not light on broil or any temp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you see if the ignitor glows?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it under panel on bottom of oven

Yes it is under the bottom panel correct or you can remove the front lower grill plate and you should be able to get at it. Often they burn out or do not glow as bright as they should causing that issue. Very common.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks