John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My 2009 Viking oven has been having problems since December.

Customer Question

My 2009 Viking oven has been having problems since December. The temperature fluctuated and the tops of cakes, pies and cookies were burnt.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, the rack is in the correct position. Yes, I waited for the oven to pre-heat. A Viking repairman has been out 4 times. The oven is electric. The "mother board" at the top of the oven has been replaced. This was to correct the broiler staying on. I was accused of not pre-heating the oven. Stop with the blaming the customer! After the repairman left, I tried the oven and the broiler came on and stayed on. I understand that Viking uses the broiler during pre-heat in order for the over to reach the desired temperature. Yes, I know that during the Bake cycle the broiler can come on and off from time to time. Yes, the rack is in the correct position. The repairman came back out and "recalibrate" the oven. Apparently, he did not do this after replacing the "motherboard". So far so good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I'm not quite certain about what sort of problem you're having now. Can you please elaborate a bit? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?