John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The freezer door on my GE monogram refrigerator is stuck and

Customer Question

The freezer door on my GE monogram refrigerator is stuck and will not open.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We also have a problem with the ice maker. Not making ice! Service tech was here about three weeks ago and it worked ok. But not now. Main problem is that we now (as of this morning) literally cannot open the freezer!
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is something that has fallen to block the door or there is water that has frozen to ice the door closed. Does it feel like there is any give to it at all?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where do i find the model #?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

If it is a built in, it will be behind the upper panel, above the doors. If not a built in, in the fresh food section, usually on or near the ceiling.