Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Samsung Dryer model #DV40j3000ew. It was purchased

Customer Question

We have a Samsung Dryer model #DV40j3000ew. It was purchased in November 2015.
When we turn it on the motor runs for about 15 seconds then shuts down, the tumbler does no rotate. This uniot is under warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If that is happening most times that is an issue with the wiring to the motor itself. Often the wiring at the motor would come loose and lose connection after the unit starts to run. I would suggest getting warranty repair out for the unit as it is a bit if a job to take it all apart to check the wiring to the motor. This has been a common issue on that unit though.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks