Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a JennAir Dishwasher model JDB9000CWX and reason the

Customer Question

I have a JennAir Dishwasher model JDB9000CWX and for some reason the applicance is not draining the water and it stops the process as soon as it starts.... I have already cleaned the filter and inside as best as possible and couldn't see nothing weird. I am not sure if the process stops because cannot drain or it stops in the middle of the process and it happened to be water at that time... Thing is the applicance stops the washing process after 3/5 minutes of starting and when I open the door it has water at the bottom that does not drain....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

so it stops 3 to 5 minutes into the cycle every time or just stops in the cycle at random times?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
from today afternoon it stops everytime I start it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the dishwasher wasn't used for almost 5 weeks... i do not know if it is relevant or not...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we used it yesterday as the first day after the 5 weeks and worked fine, today started with the issue
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure if it always stops at 3/5 minutes... I am lmost sure it does

Ok so that is the exact time that models first drain sequence begins, if it is failing to drain it cant continue so it shuts down you drain pump motor is bad and it needs to be replaced

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this dishwasher has 3 moths old, I don't think the pump motor is bad already...

okay well I will opt out maybe another tech can help you thanks.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am a different tech would you still like help?

Just let me know when you are here so I can continue to help you through this.

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks