John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a brand new Whirlpool WTW5000DW Washing machine that

Customer Question

have a brand new Whirlpool WTW5000DW Washing machine that will not run on an Dual 4400 watt inverters. They will run the new matching dryer, no problem. Have been using the solar system for 1 1/2 years no problem with the old Whirlpool washer. It runs fine on the grid power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

The inverters, are they modified sine wave of pure sine wave?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pure sine wave. Need for computer and TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The washer will not even put water in to start. The motor never came into play. As soon as you go back to the grid, works fine. Heard something along the lines that the warranty is no good if you use solar or a generator.
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

If you are using pure sine wave, it should still be covered. I ran into this problem once before, are you able to check the frequency of the sine wave to see if you have true 60 hertz?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is a pure sine wave inverter. Its a Magnum MS-PAE series. It is operating at 60 hertz. It will not even start the water fill. When the installers from Lowes delivered a replacement as the first one would not operate either. I was thinking something was wrong with the first as I thought is smelled a burning smell. When doing an operation check on the second washer, he said something was not right and was it on the solar/ I switched it to the grid and it worked correctly. I even contacted the Magnum trouble shooting and he said I might have a ground problem. I ran a ground wire from the service panel to the main house panel and even to the solar sub panel. Did not help. Also even ran it to the socket where the washer plugged in. Ground does not seem to be a problem. Will try to contact Magnum again next week. Hear from someone else that whirlpool's warrantee is void if you use a generator or solar. Have not been able to verify that at this time. I even went to an appliance repair person and he didn't know about the newer washers, but said he is having lots of problems with the electronics with them..
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

We have tons of problems in the electronics now a days, however 60 cycle inverter with the proper voltage and amps, should work. I will try to contact Whirlpool tomorrow and see what they say. See if you can get it into diagnostics, all the lights but the lock light should flash

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do you get it into diagnostics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My inverter is 4400 watts and I have a two of them for a total of 8800 watts at 110-220 volts
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

I posted a link previously that you can click on,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, the issue of why the solar does not work is not being solved other than excuses of tons of problems with electronics and to just spend more money. I had asked how to put it into diagnostics and you want me to spend more money to find that out. Please address my problem.
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

I think you need to get into diagnostics, I also posted in the post before a picture on getting into it, however you did not read it I believe.