Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

Two year old Hotpoint washing maching; drum is whipping out

Customer Question

Two year old Hotpoint washing maching; drum is whipping out of control and banging it's self to death inside the cabinet.
Submitted: 9 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Have you taken the front panel off?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Sean,
Sorry for the delay. Here's the scoop on our washer. I talked to a service rep at Hotpoint and was told this happens when the washer is shipped on it's side. The front cover is off, and it looks like the drum is supported by four long 3/16" rods, the bearings on bottom center. It swings easily in all directions while staying on the bearings. Hope this helps. Rich

Are all the shock supports and top springs in place? Also all the shipping bolts are out correct?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Okay, It is possible Suspension Rod (Shocks) could be bad. But first we need to look to make sure a piece of clothing didn't get in between the inner and out tub. You will need to remove the tub cover to be able to look down between the two tubs for clothing.

I am sending you a video on how to replace the tub cover. That will show you how to remove the tub cover so you can look for a piece of cloths. Also look to see if you see one of the four tub straps might be broken. They are on top of the washer.

If you don't find anything between the tubs or no broken tub strap you will need to replaced the Suspension Rod (shocks).

You will need 2 blue and 2 red Suspension Rod . (2)WH16X10158 (2)WH16X10159.

Here is the video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMzSJE8REp0

I will check in tomorrow morning if your still needing help.

***We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Just checking to see if you had the chance to fix your washer?