Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ge profile modle # pss26nstc ss i can here it

Customer Question

i have a ge profile modle # ***** ss i can here it cutting on and off at times. when it cuts on and off the green light on the water in the door cut on and off at the same time. when i open the refrigerator door the refrigerator cuts on and keeps running until i close the door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that would really cut everything on and off would be a bad connection in the wire harness coming from the door and going through the hinge, or it would be a faulty main control board on the back of your refrigerator. Unplug the wire harness going through the top door hinge and make sure nothing is burnt or corroded. If that all checks good, then you have a faulty main control board on the back of your refrigerator and it will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?