Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have vacuum model 1UV300 8/00. The controls in handle do

Customer Question

I have vacuum model 1UV300 8/00. The controls in handle do not work. Batteries are good. All connections good. Filters cleaned. Using power button turns vacuum on, but the handle controls still do not work, so unable to toggle from carpet to floor, etc.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

The switch in the handle control has gone bad as many of them did, the issue is they no longer sell the handle kit. It is part #AED72911901 if you can find it on ebay possibly. Otherwise you will not be able to fix it. Sorry for the news please do not kill the messenger thanks.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This answer does not help me. Do not charge $28 for this non-answer.

How is that a NON ANSWER? SInce the part is not available that is my fault or a bad answer....come on be realistic