Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

I have a kitchen aid superba convection oven. the display

Customer Question

hi i have a kitchen aid superba convection oven. the display has been working intermittently so i removed the panel to take a look to see if there were any loose wires. the display lit up for a short time before it faded away again. when it did light up for about 30 seconds i saw PF then f2 e1. now the buttons do not respond and i cannot control the oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion..

Can you please provide the full model number off the unit.

E1 stands for keypad is not connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ykgrc608ls0
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you. Sounds like you might have unplugged or loosened up the ribbon from the keypad to the control board.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

What you will want to do is to open up the panel again and check if ribbons are seated properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like they are seated properly but looks like one of the ribbons is slightly torn
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Can you please send a pic of the one that looks torn. If my memory is correct I believe one of the ribbons as a slit in it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i email or text it?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry no. give me a min to see if I can look up the ribbon to see if there is a slit on it

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Is the rip a long rip or small rip. And does rip go across the ribbon

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

I am check in with you to see if you still need help?