Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Clothes too wet after spin cycle. Have installed a new water

Customer Question

Clothes too wet after spin cycle. Have installed a new water pump and belt. Timer working good. Motor working good. Drain hoses clear.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

have you actually raised the lid during spin to see if its spinning?

my guess its not or either its spinning/washing in spin which would mean the transmission is bad, if the tub is spinning at full rpm then something strange like the water valve is continually dripping water in the machine but you should have noticed that.

just because you hear the motor running in the cycle does not mean its spinning you will have to put the washer on drain and spin and raise the lid while holding the lid switch closed or just let it get into the spin and raise the lid real fast and see.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have checked the spin is running good.

have you noticed water dripping into the machine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Haven't noticed any water dripping in during the spin cycle. Maybe it's not spinning fast enough. I don't know.

well it cant be spinning fast enough if it were the clothes would not be soaking wet and that is the only thing it can be at this point, so either the motor is bad or the transmission is bad one of the two.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am a different tech just let me know when you are here.

Yes as soon as you are here I will start thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Seems fast but that's all I can think of too. The strange thing is that it was working fine except then water pump went out. So I changed the water pump and now the spin cycle problem.

Most times this is caused from the center pulley bearing this stops the pulley from releasing the brake correctly and then the unit does not spin all the time. I would recommend replacing this kit as they have updated the bearing and release. Here is a link tot he video and part number.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

If there was nothing more I can do for you all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks